The idea was to develop a whole new range of professional graphics software. These apps would be special in their conception – built from the ground up with the workflow of creative professionals in mind. It meant throwing away all the code built up over the years. Wanting to create something that would set a new, higher standard for creative design apps.
The vision - set out the key criteria that this new range would have to fulfil:
- Lightning fast - in particular taking advantage of all latest CPU and GPU chipsets available
- Cover the core disciplines of photo editing, vector drawing and desktop publishing
- Use exactly the same file format between applications
- Have no bloat - utilise a concept of personas to organise the UI into different use cases
- Be unashamedly pro - core requirements like CMYK and 16 bit would be built in from the start and not allow wizards or anything else get in the way of a pro workflow